It’s that time of year when you find yourself busy shopping for everyone on your list and wanting to find that PERFECT gift for those who love most!
So what happens when one of your loved ones is spending the holidays in the NICU with a baby this year?
You want to get them something that is meaningful yet helpful, but have absolutely NO idea what to buy families that have a child in the NICU.
Below is a list of suggested gift ideas for you that will surely help make the holidays memorable and special for NICU parents ~
Books are educational, easy to travel with and can bring support and encouragement to parents of premature/ill babies. We have a list of books we recommend.
1. Preemie Parents: 26 ways to grow with your premature baby
2. A parent’s guide to surviving the NICU
3. The Preemie Parent’s Survival Guide
4. Living Miracles: Stories of hope from parents of premature babies
5. Preemie Parents: Recovering from baby’s premature birth
6. Once Upon A Preemie
7. Intensive Parenting: Surviving the emotional journey of the NICU
8. Care Coordination in the NICU: Implementing Family Centered Nursing Care for Optimal Outcomes
1. Breastfeeding arm pillow
2. “Woombie” swaddler
3. Kangaroo Care wrap
4. Nighty Night Nursing Light
5. The Littlest Peanut: A baby book for premature babies
6. Wubbanub pacifier friend
7. Preemie Clothing (Jacquie's Preemie Pride, Preemie Store, Perfectly Preemie)
8. Bath apron (*this website is not in English)
9. DocAtot portable bed
1. Massage appointments so they can get away and relax
2. Gas cards to help with their travel to and from the hospital
3. Gift cards to the hospital cafeteria/deli
4. Gift cards to local restaurants
5. Delivered meals to their home
6. Pay for a cleaning company to come in and clean their home
7. Give a certificate to watch other children they may have