Celebrating a first Mother's Day with a baby in the NICU is hard.......
But celebrating a first Mother's Day with a baby in the NICU during a global pandemic is even harder!!!
Right now, the majority of hospitals have very strict guidelines of who can enter and when they can enter. The families with babies in the NICU are no exception to these restrictions. With Mother's Day coming up, thousands of mothers who SHOULD be excited to spend their first Mother's Day with their baby, they instead are going to be forced to stay separated.
This special day brings a special opportunity for NICU staff to help make the day a little brighter and very memorable for mom's. It may take a little time, it might take a little financial support from the unit.... but it IS WORTH IT!
MOTHER'S DAY IDEAS:
1. Visit our Pinterest Page for lots of fun and easy project ideas to help make Mother's Day special for new mom's!
2. Take photos of baby and print them off to create a special scrapbook page for Mom, to help commemorate the day!
3. Reach out to local florists/grocery stores, to see if they would like to donate flowers for mom's with babies currently in the unit!
4. Reach out to local businesses to see what they may want to donate to help make Mother's Day special. Maybe desserts, a picnic packed lunch, coffee, etc.
5. Purchase a special Book to provide mom and baby! Some of our favorite suggestions are: